Institutional Forex Trading
The Forex market consists of many different categories of participants (Central Banks, Commercial Banks, Large Corporations, Retail Traders, Institutional Traders, etc.)
When we refer to institutional traders we are referring to Interbank Traders such is Banks and Large Investment Firms. Institutional Traders enjoy several advantages over retail traders when trading the Foreign Exchange. These advantages are in terms of lower trading costs (spreads) but sometimes also in terms of better information.
Institutional Forex Trading Features
These are some of the special features of the Institutional Forex Trading:
(1) Liquidity directly from Tier-Banks and Proprietary Trading Firms
(2) Best Rates Identification Mechanism
(3) Open order book / Full market depth
(2) Complete anonymity
(3) Low-latency order-execution
(4) The existence of complicated orders
(5) Pre-trade and post-trade transparency
(6) Fast Execution (High-Frequency Trading and low-latency order processing)
Institutional Forex Platforms
Institutional Forex Trading Platforms include MT4, Thomson Reuters, Barclays BARX, Orex, and some others. These platforms use a fully customizable interface, advanced and integrated charting plus advanced order execution.
(1) Barclays BARX